Monday 6 August 2012

Keeping it fresh




A key part of my role is bringing our clients ideas to life and help answer the question “is there a better way?” Essentially I do this by working with Logica’s great people, our Innovation Ecosystem or a combination both.

When I say our Innovation Ecosystem, I mean our phenomenal collection of over 300 partners that ranges from universities who are looking at some whacky research to our global alliance partners at the other end with their incredible products and services. The majority fall in the middle and are mainly SMEs who have some cutting edge cool stuff. 

One of the ingredients we use to keep the ecosystem vibrant and fresh is our GIVP programme.  We’ll be announcing this year’s global winner in September so look out for that.

The Italian Job

I also proactively scout for potential additions to the ecosystem and it always amazes me where you find incredible hotspots of innovation. For an interesting view checkout Wired’s latest European hot 100. An example of this was a recent visit to Turin in Italy. I had always thought of Turin, as the home of Fiat with all its industrial connotations, but what I found with the help of the Think Up Agency was a vibrant hidden gem of innovation activity. 

I discovered a user-experience design agency with a different take on things, the Olympic 2012 mobile app designers, a natural language processing company that does the whole cross-language semantic piece.

Freshness takes work

The freshness and vibrancy of our Innovation Ecosystem really makes a difference to all, but you have to work at it and gems can be found in unexpected places.

No comments:

Post a Comment